THINK WITH YOUR HANDS.
Great tools inspire great ideas. We could not be more excited to announce Pencil, a new hardware accessory for Paper, and the latest in our essential suite of mobile tools for creativity. Pencil is the most natural and expressive tool for getting ideas on Paper—a beautiful blend of advanced technology and artisanal craft. Pencil’s special expressive features: Erase, Blend, and adaptive Palm Rejection, open up a whole new world of creative possibilities in Paper.
Pencil comes in two models—“Walnut” made from sustainable hardwood and “Graphite” in black, brushed aluminum. Pencil is now available in the U.S. and Canada at shop.fiftythree.com starting at $49.95.
When you connect Pencil to Paper, amazing things happen:
Palm Rejection. Our adaptive palm rejection instantly knows whether it’s your hand or Pencil touching the page. Rest your hand on the screen, write from any angle. No calibration or setup. You’ll forget you’re creating on a tablet.
Erase. Pencil’s unique built-in eraser lets you precisely carve away to get at what’s essential. No need to switch tools, just flip Pencil to erase.
- Blend. Get hands-on with your ideas. Pencil takes care of the lines so you can use your finger to smooth rough edges and blend colors directly on the page. Create beautiful color transitions for charts, skies, and shadows.
On top of the expressive features, we’ve radically simplified critical details:
Lasting power—Pencil’s battery will last about a month under normal use. The lithium-polymer battery can be recharged on any USB port in under 90 minutes.
Kiss-to-Pair™—Bluetooth connection as it should be: no settings menus, no confusing pairing rituals. Just press Pencil’s tip to the screen. Clear, stable, simple… easy as falling in love.
Get the Tools—Try Sketch, Outline, Write, Color, and Mixer for free while using Pencil.
It’s been a long road to bring Pencil into the world. Those of you who have been following the FiftyThree story may have wondered what the team here in Seattle has been working on, and we’re thrilled to finally shine light on the cross-disciplinary craftsmanship that has been centered here over the past two years.You’ll find the same thoughtful attention to detail that you appreciate in our software has been applied in equal measure to every aspect of Pencil. Crafting hardware from scratch is a complex endeavor, and doing it well requires people with experience ranging from industrial design and mechanical engineering, to embedded systems and manufacturing management. We even did the product photography!
Pencil is a collaboration between many remarkable people at FiftyThree, in both Seattle and New York, who lovingly attended to Pencil’s details through many late nights. We also owe a debt of gratitude to our manufacturing partners, who have worked closely and patiently with us to create something that we hope will inspire you to sketch, to create, and to bring your ideas to life.
- dinguyen reblogged this from soianchay
- dinguyen likes this
- haedal72 likes this
- izyon likes this
- dexterzlaboratory reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- kallymai likes this
- powerfulbeyondallmeasure likes this
- gruntingorangutan reblogged this from iaminterestedinhumanfactors and added:
- andipm likes this
- shaleceelynne likes this
- ernss likes this
- plstko reblogged this from madewithpaper
- 2pinkunicorns likes this
- connorobrien likes this
- annietorres27 likes this
- mundaneideas likes this
- thejordix likes this
- leisurelifederro likes this
- mymortalflaw-yourfatalsin reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- dikoto likes this
- basayat likes this
- a-quatremains likes this
- ixloco likes this
- amyasdfghjklstuff likes this
- dagibagi likes this
- nicoleomillo reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- meshistylinsonworld reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- happinessinspiration likes this
- wondernotbook likes this
- its-a-freaky-universe likes this
- its-a-freaky-universe reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- nuagesbleusbr likes this
- snydus likes this
- isamouzo likes this
- momsreceipes likes this
- cherrybeezus reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- nbase66 likes this
- otakukat23 likes this
- vespa-a reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- kristincooknell reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- jupiterkat likes this
- nadiagabellafioriegatti likes this
- acostaimages likes this
- ksound78 likes this
- mjsanity reblogged this from jmnf
- jmnf reblogged this from joaquimmeira
- darthvaderismygrandfather reblogged this from joaquimmeira
- sketchability likes this
- mariyamlalan reblogged this from dancincu and added: